Software Engineer – New Orleans, LA / Remote
Solugence is a hard working & rewarding place to work. We value our employees’ work-life balance, commitment to family & drive to be a part of and continue growing what we’ve all worked so hard to build. We’re looking for forward thinkers with fundamental understandings of the business to business relationships software process and who also possess the core competencies of the position at hand. If you strongly believe yourself to be motivated, full of energy, full of ideas & enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, come work with us.
A software engineer’s role @ Solugence will be to ensure that the experiences of our customers & partners while using the platform continues to be effortless & engaging. This position will be hands-on with the development and leading of projects while working with others in the development team.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Gathering of requirements from other Solugence teams
- Working as part of a development team to develop & maintain Solugence codebase while demonstrating functional knowledge of proper methodology and best practices
- Hand-off and oversight of testing process with QA team
- Maintain test and development sites & ensure that code deployment has no adverse effects on production
- Be an active participant in technical design & express ideas in directing products and features of future projects.
- Strong PHP and SQL Server or closely related skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or extensive experience in specific and relative development role.
- Self-starter. Our company is growing & we don’t micro-manage. It’ll be important for you to be able to and want to run with projects & tasks on your own while seeking assistance as-needed.
- Keen familiarly with logging notes, statuses, updates in project/task-management related platforms.
- Energetic and optimistic as we believe you’ll find the rest of the Solugence team is. You’ll be working with many different Solugence teams where challenges will be plentiful & tasks/projects will move quickly.
What You Will do:
- Your primary responsibility will be development and maintenance of the GetApp website codebase ensuring the highest quality experience for our users.
- Responsible for the timely development of well-defined, larger product features/changes, expected to use judgement & apply functional knowledge of methodology/best practices; Develop code documentation as a reference.
- Become active participant in technical design process, expected to contribute own ideas for changes/new features; Capable of owning independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Challenging projects: You will work on recommendation systems, Solr based search engine, business analytics, front end applications and many other projects.
- Web technologies: Ruby is our language of choice, the stack is composed of MySQL, Solr, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, AWS and others. We actively use Docker to power our infrastructure.
What You Will Need:
- A passion for technology and development, a hunger to learn, a desire to meet challenges, a commitment to applying engineering best practice to produce top quality solutions.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools, best practices.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!).
Email resume to careers@Solugence.com